Hair and makeup trials are an important part of achieving your desired look for your wedding day. It’s a time to meet and create a relationship with your stylist, define your unique style, and begin to envision what you will look like on your big day!
Bridal Hair and Makeup Trials: $200+
Bridal Hair or Makeup Trial only: $110*
*All Makeup Pricing includes false lash application.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Where and When Can I Have My Trial?
Trials are typically held at our private studio in East Meadow, NY by appointment only on Sundays (subject to availability) and weekdays (4 pm onwards). Our private studio is located on the lower floor of my residence.
Please note the studio space is small, therefore we ask that you bring no more than one adult guest to your appointment. Our studio address is: 2014 Central Drive South, East Meadow, NY 11554. Trials can be requested at the client’s home for an additional cost plus travel fee.
How Can I Plan for My Trial?
– If your hair tends to get oily quickly, then you can wash it and then blow dry it the morning of the trial. However, it should be completely dry by the time you get here. We ask that you do not naturally dry your hair, as it causes frizziness and natural oiliness near the roots. We do not wash hair at appointments.
– If your hair type is not oily, you can wash and blow dry it the day before
– Do not flat iron your hair, as it is very difficult to create curls on hair that has been flat ironed
– No makeup on your face – but you can wear moisturizer if you need to
– Bring photos (pinterest, magazines, etc) with you on the types of looks you’re thinking of – you can have multiple images – if you like eyes on one person, but the lips on another and hair on a 3rd, bring all of it
– If you’re hiring us for multiple events/looks, think about which hair look you want to do for the trial. As for makeup, I can do half of your face for the ceremony look and the other half another look. Or, you can choose which look you want to do for the trial.
– Finally, if you can, wear a white or red top (or something similar to the color of your wedding outfit) – that way you can see how your makeup looks against that color.
What Should I Bring?
– For South Asian weddings, you can bring a piece of your outfit (lengha top or dupatta) so that you can show me the color and also see how it comes together at the end.
– Please bring any hair accessories that you plan on wearing for your wedding day. If you have a specific hair product or makeup product that you want to use for your wedding, please bring those as well. If you have allergies to certain makeup brands or makeup ingredients, please let us know in advance.
How Do I Pay?
If you booked us for your wedding already, then your trial payment is most likely included in the original contract. If not, payment can be made on the day of the trial. Cash is preferred, but we also take Venmo, Zelle, PayPal and credit cards.
How Long Will It Take?
Makeup and hair trials take anywhere between 2.5 to 3 hours. Makeup only trials take about an hour and a half, and hair only takes up to an hour (depending on the intricacy of the style).
Can I Try Different Looks?
We recommend that you choose your favorite hair and makeup look for your appointment. We are happy to make some adjustments to the hair and makeup during the trial based on your feedback. If you want to start a new and completely different look from scratch after the first two and half hours, we charge $50 for every extra half hour after.
Will You Be Taking Pictures at the Trial?
We try to snap a before and after picture at the trial to capture your transformation. We are happy to send you a copy of the pictures. We use these for our reference and to add to our portfolio of work.
Can I Reserve my Wedding Date at the Trial?
If you’re happy with your trial and want to move forward with booking your wedding date, we will need a completed and signed Contract in addition to a deposit of 25% of your wedding day services.
Can My Bridal Trial Fee Be Waived or Applied towards My Total Amount, If I Choose to Book Right Away?
Unfortunately, no. The trial cost is separate than your wedding day costs.
*Rates are subject to change without notice. Only contracted rates will be honored.