A perfect complexion is not a magic formula; it CAN be achieved! Many beauty influencers don’t talk about this, but the number one pro tip is taking care of your skin. For the perfect complexion, skin prep is a must. Skin prep is not just a moisturizer and a primer, it goes much deeper than that.
My steps for the perfect complexion:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! There’s a big difference between dry skin and thirsty (aka dehydrated) skin
- Skin prep
- Start with a clean face. Wash with your favorite cleanser and pat dry. Or, if you are unable to get near a sink, you can use cleansing wipes (not makeup removing wipes, as there’s a big difference).
- Apply a hydrating serum. My favorite is Jordan Samuel’s hydrating serum.
- Spray lightly with a hydrating mist (I love Mario Badescu’s facial sprays)
- For oily and/or combination skin, apply a couple of drops of olive derived squalene oil. I like the one from Biossance:
- For sensitive and dry skin, use a couple of drops of evening primrose oil. Wait a couple minutes before proceeding to the next step, to let everything sink in.
- Apply chemical sunscreen (if it’s a daytime event). Wait a few minutes before proceeding.
- Apply moisturizer – I love Sonia Roselli’s water balm, as it doubles as a primer and moisturizer.
- At this point, I usually wait until right before I am applying foundation to add primer (if not using water balm ). My go-to primer is Smashbox’s Photo Finish Primer.
- Removing makeup at the end of each day
Makeup should not be complicated, and neither should your complexion. You too can achieve the perfect complexion if you dare. Follow these steps today to reach your skin goals.
Contact us today for wedding day services, and see us in person as we create the perfect complexion for your big day!