Your daughter or son is getting married and you’re starting to panic about your makeup look for the big day. Will it be outdated or timeless? Do you want to be trendy or classy? To me, classy and timeless are the key elements for life long wedding portraits that each party will cherish.
There are a plethora of lip products that are available to mothers of the bride and groom. But, what to choose and how to choose it?
- The first thing you want to do, for youthful lips, is to exfoliate them. Use a lip scrub such as Fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator.
- Next, apply a lip balm and start the rest of your makeup (eyes, foundation, blush). One of my go-to lip balms is Burt Bees’ Lip Balm. Cost effective and it does the job.
- Now, you’re ready to apply your lipcolor. Be sure to blot out your lips of excessive residue from the lip balm before applying lipstick.
My Favorite Lipsticks for Ageless Beauty
- IT Cosmetics’ Vitality Lip Flush Stain™ 4-in-1 Hydrating Lipstick – an all in one lipstick that works magic for ageless beauty. Keeps the lips soft and hydrated, while still keeping a powerful stain on lips. This is my number one formula for mothers of the bride and groom.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Baci – a highly pigmented formula, yet the perfect color. This can be sheered by adding on a clear lip gloss on top, to keep it from being too overpowering.
- Laura Mercier’s Lip Glace in Violet – a sheer formula that is not overpowering. If you’re having trouble finding the perfect color, this formula is the way to go. There are lots of options but one of my favorites is the Violet color. It tends to go with everything.
Don’t forget to periodically check your lipstick throughout the wedding day, as it will likely need touch ups as the day continues.
Ready to book your beauty dream team for your wedding day? Set up a free phone consult today – click link below!BOOK A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION