When is comes to oil cleansing, what is the first thought that comes to mind? In the past, the best way to clean your face was thought to be oil-free, to strip your face of any oil, because face it, anything related to oil was considered a faux pas. Not anymore!
When you clean your face with oil, the following are some of its benefits:
- Gentle on your face – specifically if you’re over 40. You want your skin to have some oil for elasticity and the youthful glow
- Balances oil production – so even if you do have oily skin, oil cleansing does balance it out. It won’t produce more oil
- Deep cleanse of impurities and dead skin cells
- Helps protect the lipid layer of your skin and the ‘good’ bacteria residing there
Once you oil cleanse, you can follow up with a gentle facial cleanser to remove any oil residue.
Although this is a K-beauty method, some beauty companies, such as Neutrogena, have had cleansing oil in their makeup removers for years. As a matter of fact, when I attended Make Up Designory School back in 2008, my instructor recommended using Neutrogena’s eye makeup remover as a full based face makeup remover. One cotton ball and your entire face of makeup came off so easily.
My Favorite Oil Cleansers
- Sonia Roselli’s Japanese Cleansing Oil – this is my favorite, and is cost-friendly (not a budget brand nor super pricey)
- La Mer’s The Cleansing Oil – those who love the luxury brand La Mer can now enjoy the cleansing oil.
- Neutrogena’s Ultra Light Cleansing Oil – works beautifully, and is budget friendly if you want to try out cleansing oil without paying over the top.
So ladies, are you ready to oil cleanse today?
Now, go on and contact us today to book your next wedding or event beauty services!